Cookie Declaration MEDIAFIN NV Cookie Declaration MEDIAFIN NV
1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or another device when visiting a website. There are different types of cookies, which can be differentiated based on their origin, function and lifespan. General information about the different types of cookies can be found here.
In combination with cookies, MEDIAFIN also uses so-called “web beacons” (or clear gifs). A web beacon is a small graphical picture in an e-mail or website, which allows for analysing the use of that e-mail or website.
- To improve the use and the functionalities of our websites and e-mails;
- To analyse how our websites and e-mails are being used;
- To create statistics and to identify trends; and
- To show or propose personalised information, content, services and advertising to the users.
3. Which cookies does MEDIAFIN use and when is your consent required?
and strictly necessary cookies. Functional cookies increase the
user-friendliness of a website by remembering your choices (i.e. language
preferences, region, login). Strictly necessary cookies allow users to navigate
and use the functionalities of the website.
These cookies can be placed without your consent.
cookies (for audience measurement and fraud protection purposes). These cookies
collect data about the use of a website, such as the number of visitors, the
time users spend on a webpage, and error notifications. We use, amongst others:
- Google Analytics and Gemius: these cookies collect anonymous data about the use of our website and composing visitor statistics (see how Google uses data when you use websites or apps by our partners);
- ChartBeat: this cookie measures the website usage;
- Crazy Egg: this cookie measures the click behaviour and movement patterns of the computer mouse); and
- Optimizely: this cookie does tests to measure the impact of website content.
These cookies can be placed without your consent.
cookies: these assure that a website can send personalised advertising messages.
Our websites use, amongst others, the following advertising cookies:
- DoubleClick and Adhese. These cookies collect data about the viewing of pages and advertisements, and can compose a user profile (in principle, this is done anonymously, unless the user makes him/herself known via his/her Google account);
- Facebook Conversion Pixel. This cookie registers the purchasing behaviour after viewing an advertisement in Facebook. This information is added to the Facebook profile of the user (see also hereafter “Is cookie information shared with third parties?”).
We ask for your consent before placing these cookies.
- Information about your use of the websites or e-mails of MEDIAFIN (such as the ID of the visited page and the detail of the page, date and time of the visit, possible comments you left);
- Information about you as a user (subscriber/registered/anonymous). In case you are a subscriber or registered, we also collect your used ID;
- Information about your access to the websites of MEDIAFIN (such as on which type of device you visit the websites, which browser type, your IP address);
- Session and user cookie IDs.
5. Is cookie information shared with third parties?
Certain external partners can get access to specific cookie information (such as your user ID, name, first name, e-mail address, current subscriptions, visited pages, clicked banners, etc.) with the aim to offer you personalised advertisements or to capture you feedback.
Certain cookies are placed on the websites by MEDIAFIN by social network services, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. This is done via the buttons of these social networks that can be offered on the websites of MEDIAFIN. If you make use of these, these third parties can receive specific cookie information.
6. How long is cookie information stored for?
Cookies can be stored on your computer or mobile device for various time spans. Depending on the type of cookie, they (and the information they collect) will be automatically removed when you close your browser (these are so-called “session cookies”), in other cases, these cookies are stored longer and can be used during a next visit to this website (these are so-called “permanent cookies”).
7. How can you manage your cookies?
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can set your browser to receive a notification before a cookie is stored or when cookies are refused. You can find further information about how to set your browser via the ‘Help’ button on your browser or via the following links:
If you use various devices to visit this website, you need to assure that the cookie preferences are set on the browser on each device. You can find more information on managing cookies here.
Do note, that when you do not accept cookies, it is possible that you will no longer have access to specific functionalities that make your experience with our websites and service more efficient, and that specific functionalities might not function properly as a result of this.
In addition, specific cookies assure that advertisements are better aligned with your interesses. If you switch off these cookies, you will still be shown advertising, it will however be less relevant for you. In addition, switching off certain cookies, may result in you having to enter your possible login details (password, username) time and again.
8. Contact MEDIAFIN
Should you have any questions related to this Cookie Declaration, you can contact MEDIAFIN in the following ways:
- By post: Havenlaan 86c, box 309, 1000 Brussels
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org